Monday, January 26, 2009

You just got Patti LuPWNed!



The revival of PATTI LUPONE'S Gypsy recently closed on Broadway.  I've posted in previous entries that I really enjoyed this production and thought for the most part the performances were WONDERFUL!  However, I thought at times Ms. Lupone was a little over the top.  

... and before the show closed... one night she STOPPED THE SHOW (not "stopped the show" as in "her performance brought the audience to it's feet"... no she literally "stopped it" as in "ceased performing") to stop an audience member from taking pictures... during "Rose's Turn" no less.  Yes, the person should not have been taking pictures.  However, to break character and yell at them seems a little unprofessional.  Then again this IS Patti Lupone.. and she may be bigger than the role.

Nonetheless, someone was in the audience recording audio of the event.  Can you imagine if Patti found out!!!

Here is the audio.  It's pretty over-the-top hilarious!




And of course in the wonderful world of youtube there is a remix!!!



Sorry... don't mean to bash Ms. Lupone.  I think she has a lot of talent... and am a fan.  However, this is all a bit much.   I like "nice divas."  Patti... "who do you think you ARE!!!!! "

Happy sidenote - You were a really good mom to Corky!




3 comments:

Beth said...

This is so funny!!! I remember watching that show "oobla dee oobla dah life goes on!"
I don't have any sound on my computer, frustrating!! I'll listen at my mom's house. She is something! Wow, i can't believe she did that.

Unknown said...

I've heard many stories about the bitchiness that is LuPWN. Mel tells a horrifying story... Patti LuPone was talking about some setbacks in filming during Life Goes On and she just screams out something like, "Well, if that little RETARD would just learn his lines..."

So I would say she wasn't a very good mother to Corky!

MICHAEL said...

Yowza. That is pretty sad. I was trying to end the post on a positive note, but that is so not cool.

I am SO not including her on my great "Mother's In Entertainment" post!