Sunday, January 25, 2009

31 years YOUNG!



Today is my Birthday!  Last year was the big 3-0.  Leading up to that day I was freaking out a little... thinking "I'm gonna be 30 and what have I done with my life..." etc etc etc.  Then I came to the realization that "Life is REALLY good." I am so blessed beyond compare, have met the love of my life, and am surrounded by WONDERFUL PEOPLE.  I few days later I was thrown a beautiful surprise party that I will never forget! 



If we didn't have calendars telling us how old we are... we would never know the difference... I truly believe to some degree that "aging is a state of mind."  Yes our metabolism slows down, our hair turns grey (or we lose it), our bodies may not be able to handle as much as when we were in our teens... but if you believe you "ARE OLD"... then you will "ACT OLD." 

So today I give you a lovely cover of a Sinatra classic by singer/songwriter Landon Pigg.  The you tube clip isn't the best (it's filmed at noisy bar)... so definitely check out the studio version.


1 comment:

Beth said...

I love your baby picture, your 1st Birthday party...what a great picture. Yes, you are as old as you think you are,my grandma always said she never felt any different as she grew older....she's 97 now!