Saturday, January 31, 2009

(I can't think of a clever title that doesn't sound dirty.)



In 2003, German singer Sascha Schmitz created an alter ego "Dick Brave" and formed the group "Dick Brave and the Backbeats" as a side project.  They recorded one album entitled "Dick This!" Male anatomy jokes aside... they have some really wonderful rockabilly covers. The group is no longer together (Sascha went back to solo work) but these great covers live on.  (As always, links to itunes are included!)

Here is their take on Avril Lavigne's COMPLICATED.



Also check out their WONDERFUL swingin' cover of Pink's GET THE PARTY STARTED.  I posted Shirley Bassey's cover the other day.  I really love both versions, but this may be my favorite! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Dick Brave and the Blackbeats. Also check out one of my favorites, Walk this way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jID4A1WsfcM

MICHAEL said...

Awesome! I've loved the recording, but have never seen the video!