Monday, January 5, 2009

Any friend of Jack Johnson is a friend of mine...



Happy Monday...

Here's a wonderful feel-good song from Jack Johnson to start off your week...




"Better Together" is available on his album "In Between Dreams."

...and if you are a Jack Johnson fan you have GOT to check out his college pal (and musical chum/collaborator) Zach Gill.  Zach's band is called "Animal Liberation Orchestra" or "ALO" for short.  



They released "Fly Between Falls" independently and "Roses and Clover" under Jack Johnson's label Brushfire Records.  Both are great, but I would start with "Roses and Clover."  This is a perfect rock/pop/funk/jam album.  My favorite song on this cd keeps changing.  You really should buy the whole album!  However, if you're short on funds, why not start your week off with a download of the apropos "Monday?"  Move over Bangles,  I think I have a new favorite Monday song!

Here's their video for "Try"...



Zach also released a solo album last year called "Zach Gill's Stuff."



 I love his song "Family" featuring Mr. Johnson.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. This is my first time visiting your blog. I love your insight and suggestions. I'm gonna take the highway to swell everyday!

MICHAEL said...

Thanks Dominick. It's no "Timbuktunes" but I'm trying.

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!! Consider yourself bookmarked. It's a Grand Night for Swell!!