Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I wanna put on my my my my my boogie shoes...



DISCO night on Idol...  overall really good performances (with the exception of Lil')

Loved Adam, Kris, and really enjoyed Allison too.

Here they are if you missed them...







I've actually been working on a wonderful DISCO show for Busch Gardens Tampa called DANCE TO THE MUSIC.  The show opens next Wednesday!!!  I helped create it (which has been awesome!!!) and am doing vocal direction for it!!  I'll talk more about this next week.  Needless to say, there's been a LOT of disco music in my life lately.  I feel I could "boogie oogie oogie til you just can't boogie no more!"

So in honor of that new show and Idol Disco night, here are 3 really cool covers of Gloria Gaynor's hit I WILL SURVIVE.

The first is a very popular one by the group CAKE.



Check it out on itunes here.


The second is by cabaret artist Colleen McHugh.  



Very funny interpretation.  Check out I WILL SURVIVE from her live album SONGS OF SELF-DELUSION on itunes.



Finally, here are the wonderful PUPPINI SISTERS with a lovely version.  (The youtube clip cuts out halfway through the number)



Download their cover here. Also, check out my past post on these fabulous ladies.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I missed all of this last night, so thank you thank you for posting the American Idol songs!!! I go to bed around 9:30!
Awsome singing, great disco songs...i wish i could see your BG show!