Monday, May 11, 2009

Those Magic Changes!



Thank goodness you only have to go through puberty once in your life...  

(I know really random topic!!!  But saw this hilarious clip this weekend!!)



I remember a very awkward talk about "my changing body" in fifth grade by Mr. Griffin who certainly chose each word he said very wisely. 

During this talk, I remember being SHOCKED at seeing a picture of a naked breast.... specifically... "the nipple." My sister's Barbie Dolls had NO SUCH THINGS, so this threw me for a loop.


 
I guess the girls were probably just as surprised to see that we had more than just underwear the color of our skin.



Then in seventh grade there was another talk about "talking care of our new bodies" in P.E. class.  The thing I remember most is that after the talk we got a goody bag with OXY FACE ASTRINGENT  and "new Doritos cool ranch" samples.  It was really weird because the Doritos bag smelled like the astringent.  To this day I cannot eat a cool ranch dorito without thinking of OXY and acne.


Ah! Memories.



1 comment:

Beth said...

This is hilarious! I hated puberty! So glad we only go through it once like you said! The underwear thing is so funny!!!
Thanks for making me smile today!