Friday, May 8, 2009

I'm sorry mama... I never meant to hurt you!



No this post isn't about EMINEM.  Although I'M SORRY MAMA would be an interesting song on a "MOTHER'S DAY MIX cd."

We're gonna talk about a troublemaker with a few less "F BOMBS"... 



Yesterday I did a post on Disney "Mother" songs.  Many recent Disney cartoons feature the single father... The Little Mermaid, Finding Nemo, and Beauty and the Beast. Aladdin actually had a mother.  As the storyline changed, she got the boot as did a beautiful tune. PROUD OF YOUR BOY (with wonderful lyrics by the late Howard Ashman) is touching song written for Aladdin to sing to his mother telling her he was going to make her proud today.  Here is the original demo version.



You can download that demo version sung by composer ALAN MENKEN, as well as studio versions by CLAY AIKEN and JOHN BARROWMAN (which is my favorite version.)

Perhaps someday we may see a I'M SORRY MAMA/PROUD OF YOUR BOY duet!!??  Any takers....  Mr. "Clay-Diddy" Aiken?   


1 comment:

Beth said...

I love your post on "Baby Mine"! I adore that song and try to sing it to my boys when I can, i don't know all the words. I forgot about Kerry Butler. I'm going to buy her album..it's so sweet!
Thanks for all the mommy songs! I enjoyed the group Willows was it? They are very nice to listen to. One hand one heart is such a pretty song.
Beth